Clinical Psychology: Capstone
PSY 599 Clinical Psychology: Capstone
3 Semester Units
Clinical Psychology: Capstone presents the theories, research, prevention, assessment, and clinical applications of the field of clinical psychology. The diagnostic and therapeutic strategies employed by clinical psychologists are examined, and students will be challenged to engage in a critical analysis of the theories and research that provide the foundation for effective treatments of various mental disorders.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define clinical psychology and key terminology, and examine its evolution and key theorists in the field.
- Examine ethical, cultural, diversity, and professional issues related to clinical psychology.
- Describe the assessment process in clinical psychology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different types of psychotherapy and examine their key elements and goals.
- Demonstrate proficiency with academic writing related to clinical psychology.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Psychology Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students can also obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the University's rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.