PSY 599 Clinical Psychology: Capstone
3 Semester Units
Clinical Psychology: Capstone course requires students to integrate knowledge acquired across the master's program. For this course, students will demonstrate the ability to present varying theories, research, prevention, assessment, clinical applications and ethical issues relevant to the field in an integrated holistic manner. .
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how cultural diversity affects approaches to psychological treatment.
- Understand the challenges and major areas of transition facing clinical psychology today.
- List the main categories of tests used by clinical psychologists.
- Understand the ways in which working clinically with children is different from working with adults.
- Describe the ways clinical neuropsychology is likely to continue to grow.