CCU Rental Library
Every course in the educational programs offered at California Coast University require an assigned textbook. The California Coast University Rental Library can assist students in managing the high cost of textbooks.
Please note: Effective January 1, 2020, the rental fee increased to $35.00 from $30.00.
The University's Rental Library
Here's how it works:
- Students may rent a book via the Student Portal, telephone, email, or letter.
- Each textbook rental requires a refundable deposit* of $50 and rental fee of $35.00.
- The rental period is 120 days and can be extended another 120 days for a renewal fee of $35.00.
- When the book is returned by the due date, the deposit will be transferred to the next book rented.
- The library can ship textbooks to any domestic, international, or military address (postage fees apply for shipping outside the contiguous U.S.). *The security deposit will be refunded when all coursework has been satisfactorily completed, and the final textbook is returned on time and in the same condition it was provided to the student, or upon written request to withdraw from the University.
Students can also obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the University's Rental Library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. For students who would like to purchase textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or PDF versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page.
The return shipping address for textbook rentals is:
California Coast University Rental Library
925 N. Spurgeon Street
Santa Ana, CA 92701