CCU Rental Library
The University's Rental Library
CCU’s Rental Library is designed to assist students in managing the high cost of textbooks.
All courses offered at California Coast University require one or more accompanying textbooks. The following is important information on textbook rentals through the California Coast University Rental Library:
- Textbooks are available for rent to active students only.
- Students may rent textbooks through the Student Portal, telephone, email, or by mailing an order form directly to the University.
- Only the textbooks required for current versions of each course are available for rent.
- Each rental period is 120 days, which includes the time in transit both from and to the University.
- Local students may call to arrange a scheduled pick-up or drop-off of a textbook at the University.
- The textbook rental fee is $35.00 plus a $50.00 refundable deposit per textbook. The deposit will be transferred to the next rental, provided that the textbook has been returned on time and in good condition.
- The University pays for shipping the textbook to students within the contiguous U.S. However, the student must pay to have the book shipped back to the University by the rental period due date.
- Students outside the contiguous U.S. are responsible for covering all shipping charges at the time of the rental.
- The CCU Rental Library accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, checks, and money orders for textbook rental fees and deposits.
- A maximum of 1 book may be rented at one time.
- Books are generally sent to the student using USPS Priority Mail. Mail time varies depending on the student’s location. Tracking information is sent to the email on file.
- The CCU Rental Library does not sell or coordinate the purchase of textbooks for students under any circumstances.
Students are not obligated to use the CCU Rental Library. Textbook information can be found in the syllabus of each course, allowing students to obtain textbooks in their local areas or through other online sources if they do not wish to utilize the University’s Rental Library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. For students who would like to purchase textbooks or are interested in exploring other textbook media such as PDF or eBook versions, we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page
The return shipping address for textbook rentals is:
California Coast University Rental Library
925 N. Spurgeon Street
Santa Ana, CA 92701