Delta Epsilon Tau Honor Society
JOIN THE CLUB
All About Delta Epsilon Tau
Academic Honor Society
Establishing an educational goal and meeting that goal takes considerable commitment, energy, and hard work. We at California Coast University (CCU) know the many challenges and sacrifices our students make in reaching their academic goals. Because of this, we believe our students who reach a high level of academic achievement in their degree programs should be recognized for their efforts. To acknowledge those high achievers, CCU established a chapter of the Delta Epsilon Tau International Honor Society.
The following will provide information on the Delta Epsilon Tau International Honor Society and how you can become a member:
The Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) Board of Trustees, in cooperation with the President of the Alpha Beta Kappa National Honor Society, established Delta Epsilon Tau (DET) International Honor Society in 1997. In turn, California Coast University established the "Gamma of California" Chapter of the DET International Honor Society (DET) on March 31, 2005, to recognize the academic achievements of our outstanding graduates who have pursued their degrees through our distance-learning program.
Symbols of Delta Epsilon Tau:
- Delta, D, is the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet, and it is symbolized by a triangle. This International Honor Society joins three groups: students, colleges, and the Distance Education Accrediting Commission.
- Epsilon, E, the fifth letter of the Greek alphabet, stands for education and distinction. The "E" in Epsilon begins the Latin word "educo" or "educatum" and means to lead forth, to encourage mental, aesthetic, physical, and moral development through instruction for the business and duties of life.
- Tau, T, the nineteenth letter of the Greek alphabet, means to instill good character. Tau brings recognition and praise for those who have worked valiantly and successfully in their field of study.
Honor Graduates receive the following recognition materials:
- Honor Society Gold Key
- Membership Certificate
- Congratulatory Letter
- Honor Society Narrative and Overview
- Honor Cords
- Reference Letters for Honor Graduates (upon request)
- Undergraduate students: Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0+
- Graduate students: Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.6+
- Must be a CCU graduate from a qualified program (contact the Registrar for more information on qualified programs)
Process and procedure for joining:
- CCU graduates are automatically screened for eligibility.
- Eligible graduates who meet the requirements are contacted and invited to join the Delta Epsilon Tau International Honor Society.
- If you feel that you are eligible to join DET International Honor Society, but have not yet been contacted, please email the Registrar.
- More information is available at the DET International Honor Society website.