California Coast University Accreditation
California Coast University is nationally accredited by the DEAC. To view CCU’s current accreditation status, as listed by the U.S. Department of Education, click here.
To view the U.S. Department of Education's entire Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs, click here.
California Coast University is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) (formerly the Distance Education and Training Council - DETC). The DEAC is a private non-profit organization that operates as a national accreditor of institutions that primarily offer distance education. The DEAC holds recognition by the United States Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Since its founding in 1926, the DEAC has strived to ensure a high standard of educational quality in the distance education institutions it accredits by requiring compliance with its published standards, policies, and procedures and by fostering continual self-improvement.
“Education is everything and the more people we can reach with quality education the more we can improve and advance the lives of others.” - Dr. Leah Matthews, DEAC Executive Director
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
California Coast University holds Institutional Approval by the Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) of the State of California. Approval to operate means compliance with state standards as set forth in the California Private Postsecondary Act of 2009 and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
1747 North Market, Suite 225
Sacramento, CA 95834
Toll free phone number: (888) 370-7589
Fax: (916) 263-1897
The DEAC is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). CHEA is a private nonprofit national organization that coordinates accreditation activity in the United States. It carries forward a long tradition that recognition of accrediting organizations should be a key strategy to ensure quality, accountability, and improvement in higher education. Recognition by CHEA affirms that standards and processes of accrediting organizations are consistent with quality, improvement, and accountability expectations that CHEA has established.
Other Professional and Academic Affiliations and Listings
- Alliance of Private Postsecondary Approved Institutions
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions (AACRAO)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Higher Education Directory (HED)
- Higher Education Transfer Alliance (HETA)
- Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)
- National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO)
- National College Credit Recommendation Service (CCRS)
- Patterson's Guide to American Education
- United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- United States Department of Education (USDoE)
- VA List of Approved Schools
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)