Frequently Asked Questions About Foreign Students
Must I be a U.S. resident to apply to California Coast University?
- No; students who are interested in applying to California Coast University do not have to be a legal resident of California or the United States.
Are I-20 forms available for foreign students?
- No; I-20 forms are not available for foreign students. The University does not provide any type of student visa services, nor does it vouch for the immigration status of any student's relationship with the United States Government.
Foreign Degrees and Transcripts:
- Students who have completed coursework or graduated from institutions outside of the United States are required to have their transcripts pre-evaluated by one of the recognized foreign credential evaluation services. A listing of approved organizations may be found through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) at www.naces.org.
English Language Fluency:
All applicants must possess a sufficient command of the English language. If English is not the applicant’s native language, the applicant must demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English prior to admission by means of one of the following:
- Taking the paper-based or internet-based TOEFL test. The applicant's score will be reviewed and individually assessed.
- Successful completion of 30 semester hours at a recognized college or university in a country where English is the native language.
- Completion of an Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate degree from an accredited U.S. college or university.
California Coast University does not offer any type of remedial or specialized training in the English language.
Application Information for International Students
If you are interested in applying, we suggest having your foreign credential evaluation completed prior to starting the application process. Our applications are only valid for 30 days and many evaluation companies can take weeks to complete your evaluation and require Official Transcripts from your prior schools. We accept foreign credential evaluations from the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). It is a membership organization for credential evaluation services. Evaluation fees must be paid by the applicant and it is the applicant's responsibility to supply the results to this college for proper enrollment. Be sure that you submit proper documents. They must be original and not copies.
International Student Requirements:
- Undergraduate applicants with no prior college: High School Graduation Certificate (must be in English). If not in English, you must obtain a general evaluation.
- Undergraduate applicants who wish to transfer credits: A course-by-course evaluation, must include previous course names, credit hours, and grades.
- Graduate applicants with a completed Bachelor’s degree: a general evaluation stating that you have the US equivalency of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Graduate applicants who wish to transfer graduate-level courses: A course-by-course evaluation, must include previous course names, credit hours, and grades.
Please note, if you are applying for the Master of Science in Psychology and your Bachelor’s degree was in a different field, we suggest completing a course-by-course evaluation, due to prerequisite courses with CCU.