PSY 312 Test and Measurements in Psychology
3 Semester Units
Test and Measurements in Psychology introduces students to the study of psychological tests. The basic concepts and operations of testing are explored, and the theoretical considerations and applications of testing data are discussed. Students will become familiar with the various types of psychological tests, and will have a basic understanding of how to administer and effectively apply them in their careers.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define the term psychological test.
- Understand the use of behavior samples in psychological measurement.
- Understand the ways in which tests are used to make decisions in educational, industrial, and clinical settings.
- Describe the three main categories of psychological tests.
- Understand the general history and origin of psychological testing.