MKT 542 Global Marketing
3 Semester Units
Global Marketing takes an environmental and strategic approach to exploring business marketing on a worldwide scale. Topics of discussion include social and cultural environments, global information systems and market research, importing, exporting and sourcing, global market-entry strategies, pricing decisions and the digital revolution. By the end of this course, students should have a better understanding of the scope of global marketing, its impact on most—if not all—businesses, and how to strategize and work through the challenging and ever-changing landscape of global marketing.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Categorize the different types of leverage utilized by companies with global operations.
- Identify the major source of information for headquarter executives of global companies.
- Compare and contrast a local, an international and a global product or brand.
- Critique the role of public relations in global marketing.
- Cite the global issues associated with physical distribution and transportation.