Health Care in America
HCA 501 Health Care in America
3 Semester Units
Health Care in America provides a comprehensive overview of the basic structures and operations of the U.S. health care system, from its historical origins and resources to its individual services, costs, and quality. Using a unique “systems” approach, it brings together an extraordinary breadth of information and a solid overview of how the various components fit together.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Emphasize why it is important for health care managers to understand the intricacies of the health care delivery system.
- Explore some of the developments and key forces that will likely shape the delivery of health services in the future.
- Differentiate between the concepts of group insurance, self-insurance, individual health insurance, and managed care.
- Develop an understanding of the various types of outpatient settings and services.
- Analyze the future challenges in wellness and prevention, chronic care, and long-term care.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Health Care Administration Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students can also obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the University's rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.