HCA 305 Introduction to Community Health
3 Semester Units
Introduction to Community Health allows students to reflect on the latest trends and statistics in community health in an effort to effectively address the health issues facing today’s communities. With emphasis on developing the knowledge and skills necessary for a career in health care, the course covers such topics as epidemiology, community organization, program planning, minority health, health care, mental health, environmental health, drugs, safety and occupational health.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the history and current issues facing community health.
- Discuss the prevention and control of hazardous health conditions.
- Propose ways to build and organize a community health promotion plan.
- Describe the importance of school health programs.
- Explain the concept of diversity in health care delivery.