GED 150 Mathematics (Basic Subjects)
3 Semester Units
Mathematics provides an introduction to college mathematics by building essential skills one at a time. The course starts with the basics of whole numbers, fractions and decimals and then moves into basic geometry, statistics and concludes with an introduction to algebra. This course is complete with examples, exercises, and practice problems to ensure your success.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions to real life situations.
- Estimate sums, differences, products, and quotients of decimals.
- Solve applied problems involving metric and American units.
- Find the mean, median and mode of a set of numbers.
- Solve problems involving comparisons, geometric formulas, and rates and percents.