Mathematics (Basic Subjects)
GED 150 Mathematics (Basic Subjects)
3 Semester Units
Mathematics provides an introduction to college mathematics by building essential skills one at a time. The course starts with the basics of whole numbers, fractions, and decimals and then moves into basic geometry, statistics, and concludes with an introduction to algebra. This course is complete with examples, exercises, and practice problems to ensure your success.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions to real life situations.
- Estimate sums, differences, products, and quotients of decimals.
- Solve applied problems involving metric and American units.
- Find the mean, median and mode of a set of numbers.
- Solve problems involving comparisons, geometric formulas, and rates and percents.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Business Administration Programs
> Explore Business Management Programs
> Explore Health Care Administration Programs
> Explore Marketing Programs
> Explore Criminal Justice Programs
> Explore Psychology Programs
> Explore General Studies Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students can also obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the University's rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.