EDU 646 Educational Measurement
4 Semester Units
Educational Measurement aims to provide a balanced perspective on educational testing, assessment, and measurement through the exploration of foundational theories, practical applications, and the political landscape and its effect on testing policy and practice.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the various types of educational tests and assessments.
- Compare and contrast the recent educational reforms that have strongly influenced educational testing and assessment in the last two decades.
- Examine various types of tests used in education and their appropriate uses.
- Discriminate between quantitative and qualitative item analyses.
- Describe the extent to which the various estimates of score reliability are differentially affected by the sources of error.
- Give examples of the ways that student-related factors can affect standardized test scores.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Education Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students are also welcome to obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the California Coast University rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.