EDU 646 Educational Measurement
4 Semester Units
Educational Measurement aims to provide a balanced perspective on educational testing, assessment, and measurement through the exploration of foundational theories, practical applications, and the political landscape and its effect on testing policy and practice.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the various types of educational tests and assessments.
- Compare and contrast the recent educational reforms that have strongly influenced educational testing and assessment in the last two decades.
- Examine various types of tests used in education and their
- Discriminate between quantitative and qualitative item analyses.
- Describe the extent to which the various estimates of score reliability are differentially affected by the sources of error.
- Give examples of the ways that student-related factors can affect standardized test scores.