EDU 630 Educational Finance
4 Semester Units
Educational Finance is concerned with the process of understanding that resources, social progress, technological advancement and wealth are created through a sound and continuously improving educational system. Such a system itself depends upon many kinds of inputs, one of the most important of which is adequate funding. This course examines the sources of educational funding and the issues surrounding how that funding is acquired, administered, and dispersed by the federal government, states, communities and local school districts.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine the relationships between education and society.
- Analyze the complexities of financial support for education in the U.S.
- Determine the relationship between education and economic growth.
- Evaluate the evolution of education finance and control.
- Examine the current issues that will influence future educational finance.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Education Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students are also welcome to obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the California Coast University rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.