Foundations in Leadership
EDU 625 Foundations in Leadership
4 Semester Units
Foundations in Leadership is designed to provide a foundational overview of the leadership and administrative issues with which educational leaders are confronted. This course treats leadership as a complex process having multiple dimensions. It provides in-depth descriptions and applications of many different approaches to leadership.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine the characteristics and dimensions of educational leadership.
- Discuss the overlapping roles of leadership and management.
- Assess the core leadership skills necessary at the different levels of management.
- Determine the leadership and administrative issues today’s educational leaders face in a global educational environment.
- Construct a framework for one’s own leadership style using leadership instruments for self-assessment.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Education Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students are also welcome to obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the California Coast University rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.