EDU 621 Organizational Behavior and Adaptive Leadership
4 Semester Units
Organizational Behavior and Adaptive Leadership relates the study of organizational behavior and how it impacts educational leadership and how leaders can embrace the challenge of effective school reform. The course encompasses the paradigms of the evolution of educational thought, organizational theory, human capital and decision-making that educational leaders face in a hypercompetitive global educational environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Compare the relationship between leadership and school reform.
- Determine the best knowledge and understanding of organizational behavior in initiating school reform.
- Propose how adaptive leaders can be effective in times of rapid change, uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Explore the vast knowledge of the mainstreams of organizational behavior and the human dimension in organizations.
- Determine how to create an effective climate and culture, effective change and motivation, leadership and teamwork.