Analysis of Current Issues in Education
EDU 618 Analysis of Current Issues in Education
4 Semester Units
Analysis of Current Issues in Education explores a wide range of topics in education such as governance, teaching and learning, student life, faculty, finances, public policy, fundraising, and innovations. Emphasis is placed on uncovering the underlying social and ideological philosophies that lie below the surface of each issue.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze how higher education tends to increase differences according to one’s advantages or disadvantages in race, income, and early educational opportunities.
- Compare and contrast academic ideals and institutional realities.
- Describe the “shared governance” model usually associated with colleges and universities.
- Evaluate the issues of privatization in higher education.
- Detail how higher education is part of a continual, complex dynamic of the American ritual of “give and take.”
- Compare and contrast the “price” and “cost” of a college education.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Education Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students are also welcome to obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the California Coast University rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.