EDU 599 Strategic Issues Management: Capstone
3 Semester Units
Strategic Issues Management: Capstone focuses on the processes of change confronting today's education professionals. Students will integrate knowledge acquired across their master's program and demonstrate an understanding of the various theories, research in the field and methods utilized by educational administrators today. In addition, the course provides methods for administrators to identify the educational needs of society, implications for schooling, and practical applications for the educational institution.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the recent educational initiatives proposed by the government.
- Understand the major challenges for educators in the 21st century.
- Explain that criticisms of developmentally appropriate practice.
- Describe the misconceptions about cultural diversity.
- Explain the cultural dilemmas teachers face in the 21st century.