Leadership and Technology
EDU 545 Leadership and Technology
3 Semester Units
Leadership and Technology explores various ways in which teachers and students can utilize technology to create a more interactive, inquiry-based teaching and learning experience. This course will focus on day-to-day classroom objectives in elementary and secondary schools with thoughtful perspectives, instructional examples, description of technology tools and apps, and technology-integrated lesson plans from across the curriculum for all grade levels.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Determine what it means to be a 21st century teacher who uses technology for teaching and learning.
- Examine issues, developments, and trends in the field of educational technology.
- Explore ways to develop students’ inquiry-learning and problem-solving skills through using educational software, apps, and learning games.
- Discover multimedia technologies and their roles in promoting creativity among students.
- Discuss the issues and dynamics of integrating technology into teaching while creating educational change in schools.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Education Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students are also welcome to obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the California Coast University rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.