EDU 532 School-Community Relations
3 Semester Units
School-community relations explores how various social and political forces impact effective relations between schools and the communities they serve. With an emphasis on diversity, methods of implementing educational change with community support, and cultural pluralism and its effects on school-community dynamics are also reviewed.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze the importance of public relations.
- Evaluate effective school-community relations.
- Assess the importance of internal communications with administrators, teachers, students and staff.
- Consider the importance of a crisis plan and a crisis management team.
- Judge the process of change and community acceptance of new ideas.