EDU 532 School-Community Relations
3 Semester Units
School-Community Relations explores how various social and political forces impact effective interactions between schools and the communities they serve. With an emphasis on diversity, methods of implementing educational change with community support and cultural pluralism, and its effects on school-community dynamics are also explored.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze the importance of public relations.
- Evaluate effective school-community relations.
- Assess the importance of internal communications with administrators, teachers, students and staff.
- Consider the importance of a crisis plan and a crisis management team.
- Judge the process of change and community acceptance of new ideas.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Education Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students are also welcome to obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the California Coast University rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.