EDU 523 Strategic Issues Management
3 Semester Units
Strategic issues management and the process of change are the focus of this course. In addition, the course provides methods for administrators to identify the needs of society and their implications for schooling. This course also incorporates the use of theoretical and research based knowledge of instruction and evaluation into practical applications.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the recent educational initiatives proposed by the government.
- Understand the major challenges for educators in the 21st century.
- Explain that criticisms of developmentally appropriate practice.
- Describe the misconceptions about cultural diversity.
- Explain the cultural dilemmas teachers face in the 21st century.