Leadership and Organizational Behavior
EDU 520 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
3 Semester Units
Leadership and Organizational Behavior examines major leadership behavior patterns and strategies that promote effectiveness in organizations. Focus will be placed on the principles of school leadership, as well as specific theories behind organizational behavior. Students will be challenged to become more self-aware of their personal leadership style and will be able to develop their abilities to influence others.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate theories that form the foundation upon which leadership for the 21st century is built.
- Examine contemporary leadership theories and practices as they relate to school leadership and evaluate the relationship between contemporary leadership theories and the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders.
- Assess how models of leadership can help future and current leaders become more effective.
- Evaluate the purpose of educator evaluation systems for the organization and the individual.
- Explain how collaborative leadership persuades followers to go over and above routine policies, procedures, and directives, replacing compliance and conformity with commitment.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Education Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students are also welcome to obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the California Coast University rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.