Models of Teaching
EDU 510 Models of Teaching
3 Semester Units
Models of Teaching explores a variety of teaching models and curriculum theories to help increase student capacity for personal growth, social growth, and academic learning. Application of theories to classroom utilization is emphasized to help educators be able to construct vital and effective learning environments for their students.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine the major trends influencing education in the 21st century.
- Analyze some important characteristics of 21st century learners.
- Examine the field of instructional design and the instructional design process.
- Assess classroom-based assessment and how it supports high-quality instruction and teachers working as educational designers.
- Compare and contrast the three types of classroom-based assessment—pre-assessment, formative assessment, and summative assessment—and their benefits for teachers and students.
- Evaluate how technology supports and poses challenges when used for assessment.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Education Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students are also welcome to obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the California Coast University rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.