EDU 510 Models of Teaching
3 Semester Units
Models of Teaching explores a variety of teaching models and curriculum theories to help increase student capacity for personal growth, social growth, and academic learning. Application of theories to classroom utilization is emphasized to help educators be able to construct vital and effective learning environments for their students.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the context in which students achieve personal growth, social growth, and academic learning.
- Explain the historical context within which various models of teaching were developed.
- Describe different models of teaching.
- Examine different models of teaching.
- Discuss the implications of individual differences and diversity on the selection of appropriate teaching models.