Cultural Issues in Education
EDU 507 Cultural Issues in Education
3 Semester Units
Cultural Issues in Education focuses on essential questions and theoretical concepts about becoming a multicultural educator. Specifically, this course will address the impact of diversity in education that goes beyond race to include gender, sexual orientation, poverty, class, and religion.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine the term multicultural education and its objectives.
- Determine characteristics and strategies needed to be an effective multicultural educator.
- Explore the impact of historical events and legislations on education; specifically, examine critical laws regarding education that have affected diverse groups of people.
- Acquire an understanding of cultural identities and their influence on teaching and learning.
- Assess student learning in a culturally responsible manner.
- Propose ways to support learners on a schoolwide level.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Education Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students are also welcome to obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the California Coast University rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.