BCJ 553 Supervision in Law Enforcement
3 Semester Units
Supervision in Law Enforcement focuses on leadership theories and practices in police supervision. Students will develop the competencies and skills to confidently utilize these principles in their personal and professional lives. This course also emphasizes methods and techniques in leadership for successful and effective supervision in law enforcement.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze classical and contemporary leadership theories.
- Examine the importance of managerial leadership skills.
- Judge the major managerial issues faced by American police departments.
- Assess the wide variety of services offered by law enforcement.
- Evaluate key terminology related to police management.