BCJ 360 Criminal Law
3 Semester Units
Criminal Law provides students with an appreciation for the fundamental nature of law, an overview of general legal principles, and a special understanding of the historical development of criminal law and its contemporary form and function in American society today.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine basic criminal law terminology.
- Compare the types of defenses, including perfect and imperfect defenses.
- Differentiate physiological, psychological, and sociological excuse defenses.
- Distinguish types of murder and manslaughter.
- Analyze the crimes of assault and battery.
- Examine how criminal law can control terrorism.