BCJ 245 Computer Forensics and Cyber Crime
3 Semester Units
Computer Forensics and Cyber Crime discusses computer crime in non-technological language while presenting all basic modern procedures needed to investigate and prosecute it. It covers both forensic and legal issues, addressing the First and Fourth Amendments, U.S. Patriot Act, international collaborations, identity theft, and much more.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the changes in society associated with the advent of technological changes and the introduction of the Internet.
- Assess the challenges associated with the enforcement and prosecution of computer crime.
- Analyze the basic language of computers and computer systems.
- Assess traditional problems associated with the recognition and prosecution of computer crime.
- Examine strategies to minimize the impact of computer-related crime.