BCJ 230 Criminal Investigation
Criminal Investigation aims to provide students with an overview of the criminal investigation field. Course topics include the fundamentals of criminal investigation, follow-up investigative processes, methods for obtaining information, and how to approach investigation of different types of crimes.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the solvability factors in a criminal investigation.
- Identify the qualities of a good investigative report.
- Explain how to collect and search for evidence at a crime scene.
- Examine the role of investigative analysis to solve crimes.
- Identify the legal guidelines for conducting searches.
- Differentiate between interviews and interrogations.
- Distinguish between the criminal intelligence and criminal investigation functions.