BCJ 230 Criminal Investigation
3 Semester Units
Criminal Investigation aims to provide students with an overview of the criminal investigation field. Course topics include the fundamentals of criminal investigation, follow-up investigative processes, methods for obtaining information, and how to approach the investigation of different types of crimes.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the solvability factors in a criminal investigation.
- Identify the qualities of a good investigative report.
- Explain how to collect and search for evidence at a crime scene.
- Examine the role of investigative analysis to solve crimes.
- Identify the legal guidelines for conducting searches.
- Differentiate between interviews and interrogations.
- Distinguish between the criminal intelligence and criminal investigation functions.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Criminal Justice Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students can also obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the University's rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.