BAM 599 Strategic Management: Capstone
3 Semester Units
Strategic Management: Capstone is designed to challenge student to integrate knowledge they have acquired across the breadth and depth of the master's program. Students learn new strategy formulation, implementation, and evaluation concepts and techniques. Utilizing this new knowledge, coupled with knowledge acquired from other courses, students will be able to chart the future direction of different organizations. Knowledge of strategic management will enable students to analyze firms in different industries, make objective strategic decisions for companies, and justify those decisions through oral or written communication.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the strategic-management process.
- Describe the benefits of good strategic management.
- Write good vision and mission statements.
- Discuss the value of establishing long-term objectives.
- Describe a three-stage framework for choosing among alternative strategies.
- Explain market segmentation and product positioning as strategy-implementation tools.
- Describe a practical framework for evaluating strategies.