Strategic Management: Capstone
BAM 599 Strategic Management: Capstone
3 Semester Units
Strategic Management: Capstone is designed to challenge student to integrate knowledge they have acquired across the breadth and depth of the master's program. Students learn new strategy formulation, implementation, and evaluation concepts and techniques. Utilizing this new knowledge, coupled with knowledge acquired from other courses, students will be able to chart the future direction of different organizations. Knowledge of strategic management will enable students to analyze firms in different industries, make objective strategic decisions for companies, and justify those decisions through oral or written communication.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the strategic-management process.
- Describe the benefits of good strategic management.
- Write good vision and mission statements.
- Discuss the value of establishing long-term objectives.
- Describe a three-stage framework for choosing among alternative strategies.
- Explain market segmentation and product positioning as strategy-implementation tools.
- Describe a practical framework for evaluating strategies.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Business Administration Programs
> Explore Business Management Programs
> Explore Health Care Administration Programs
> Explore Marketing Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students can also obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the University's rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.