BAM 535 Advanced Human Resource Management
3 Semester Units
Advanced Human Resource Management covers the contexts of human resource management, staffing, employee development and compensation with emphasis on developing employee relations, working with organized labor, managing workplace safety and health and international human resource management challenges.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Provide an overview of human resource management and describe the environment and legal aspects of human resource management.
- Examine the staffing process and what human resource development means.
- Analyze various components of human resource management, such as compensation, benefits, safety, and health.
- Examine the importance of employee and labor relations.
- Analyze how operating in a global environment affects human resource management in an organization.