Human Resource Management
BAM 411 Human Resource Management
3 Semester Units
Human Resource Management explores the fundamentals of human resource management and its significance to a company’s success. Examined, in detail, are HR functions such as recruitment, retention, appraisal, compensation, labor relations, development, and current trends in the field. Practical skills-oriented concepts and techniques are highlighted throughout the course, as is the emphasis on building and maintaining an engaged and productive workforce.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Assess the roles and responsibilities of an organization’s human resource management team.
- Define the process of job analysis and discuss its importance as a foundation for human resource management practice.
- Describe the steps required to analyze, develop, implement, and evaluate an employee training program.
- Identify how new technology, such as social networking, is influencing human resource management.
- Recognize the importance of employee and labor relations and risk management.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Business Management Programs
> Explore Health Care Administration Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students can also obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the University's rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.