BAM 411 Human Resource Management
3 Semester Units
Human Resource Management provides a thorough review of essential human resource management concepts and techniques. Current research and developments in the field are covered and trends in human resource management are presented. Reliability, validity, generalizability, utility, person job fit, and bias are also discussed in this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Illustrate the human resources responsibilities of line and staff (HR) managers.
- Cite specific discriminatory personnel management practices in recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, layoffs, and benefits.
- Understand at least three methods of collecting job analysis information, including interviews, questionnaires, and observation.
- Explain and illustrate at least six factors that affect the usefulness of interviews.
- Discuss important factors that shape ethical behavior at work.