BAM 402 Public Relations
3 Semester Units
Public relations is the values-driven management of relationships with groups of people that can influence an organization’s success. This course will examine how organizations can ethically and systematically build productive, mutually beneficial relationships with such groups.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the different models of public relations.
- Describe the history of the practice of public relations.
- Explain the role of values and ethics in public relations.
- Understand the key theories that underlie the practice of public relations.
- Apply the standard processes of the practice of public relations.