BAM 402 Public Relations
3 Semester Units
Public Relations is the values-driven management of relationships with groups of people that can influence an organization’s success. This course will examine how organizations can ethically and systematically build productive, mutually beneficial relationships with such groups, especially with the exponential growth of social media and emerging technologies. This course also discusses the dynamic growth of global communications and its challenge for the PR profession.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the history of the practice of public relations.
- Discuss the different models of public relations.
- Explain the role of values and ethics in public relations.
- Discuss the key theories that underlie the practice of public relations.
- Explain the purpose and use of various social media tools in the field of public relations.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Business Management Programs
> Explore Health Care Administration Programs
> Explore Marketing Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students can also obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the University's rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.