BAM 402 Public Relations
3 Semester Units
Public relations introduces the foundations, history, and process of public relations. Students will be exposed to the dynamics of the various populations that public relations personnel work with, and will be able to apply basic systems and communication theory to be able to effectively arrive at solutions to deal with the situations which distinguish the field.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine the different models of public relations.
- Describe the history of the practice of public relations.
- Identify the key theories that underlie the practice of public relations.
- Explain the standard processes of the practice of public relations.
- Examine the values, laws and ethics that govern the practice of public relations.