BAM 312 Business Communications
3 Semester Units
Business Communications covers the fundamental dimensions of communication: language and behavior. Alternatives for conveying messages are discussed. The course also covers, in detail, the various channels and media for business communication, with guidelines for effective and successful use of each.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Show an understanding of the fundamentals of effective business communication and the writing process.
- Write successful business letters, memos, e-mail correspondence and other short messages.
- Gather information and communicate it effectively through writing, visuals and new technologies such as the Internet.
- Plan and write formal reports and proposals.
- Design and present effective oral presentations.
- Create persuasive employment documents and display an understanding of successful interview techniques.