Introduction to Business
BAM 105 Introduction to Business
3 Semester Units
Introduction to Business introduces the business world and the contemporary environment in which it operates. How business operations are managed and organized will be explored and the basic ideas of marketing processes and consumer behavior will be discussed. Additionally, students will become aware of the changing face of business, with its current technological and management information system advances.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the contemporary business environment.
- Explain how businesses and business operations are managed and organized.
- Describe the importance of people within organizations.
- Relate the principles of marketing, including marketing processes and consumer behavior.
- Understand the importance of managing information systems and electronic commerce; understand principles of accounting.
- Explain the financial issues facing business today, including money, banking, securities, and investments.
If you are interested in taking this course, please explore a degree or certificate program below:> Explore Business Administration Programs
> Explore Business Management Programs
> Explore Health Care Administration Programs
> Explore Marketing Programs
> Explore General Studies Programs
CCU Online Courses FAQ
Students can also obtain textbooks in their local areas or through online sources if they do not wish to utilize the University's rental library. There are many resources on the web for renting, purchasing, and selling textbooks. If you would like to purchase your textbooks, or are interested in exploring other delivery methods (digital or pdf versions), we have compiled a handy Textbook Resource Page for students who wish to explore other options.