Veterans Education Benefits

Connect Now

phone Call: 1 888 228-8648

Apply for Admission

Request Information

Send a Message

Find us @ social-FB_off social-GP_off social-TW_off social-IN_off

Find Your Path To Success


VA Programs and Eligibility

Veterans Education Benefits

Whether you need a degree to advance your career, to start a whole new career, or to improve your current professional training, California Coast University offers a variety of educational programs.With programs in the following disciplines: Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, Management, Criminial Justice, Education, Psychology, Health Care, and General Studies, let us help you find a program to fit your needs!

To help you pay for your education, we participate in the following programs:

VA Educational Benefits - CCU is classified as an Institution of Higher Learning. This allows students to use their VA Benefits and receive the maximum tuition reimbursement amounts.  

Yellow Ribbon Program - The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate.

To show our appreciation, the University offers a 10% discount towards tuition to Active Duty Service Members, Reservists and Veterans to help make continuing education even more accessible. For additional information on how California Coast University may assist you with meeting your educational goals in lieu of your military service, please contact our Admissions Department.



Veterans Education Benefits

VA Programs and Eligibility

For more information regarding VA programs or benefit eligibility, simply contact a VA Educational Counselor at (888) 442-4551 or visit the VA's Education and Training page

VA Forms

Application for Benefits 22-1990

Application for Survivors 22-5490

Change of Status 22-1999b

Change of Place of Training 22-1995

Application for Tutorial Assistance 22-1990T


Veterans will only be certified for VA benefits once they are considered a registered student and have completed the application and enrollment processes - including the payment of tuition and fees.  CCU will then submit a 22-1999 form to the appropriate regional VA office.


Students using benefits will be contacted by the VA Certifying Official within 3-5 business days after completing enrollment to begin the certification process. 

Dropped Courses

Students who drop courses may be required by VA to repay benefits received for that class.

Academic Credit Transcripts

California Coast University accepts transfer credit from accredited/approved academic institutions when the course content is deemed to be the equivalent to our own. Official transcripts must be on file at CCU before students may begin their courses.

When utilizing VA benefits, all prior academic transcripts must be on file before a student can be certified. Please do not order transcripts before speaking to one of our Admissions Representatives.

Students may also be eligible to receive credit for your military training and prior learning experiences that are listed on their respective Joint Service Transcripts (JST).  To order JST records, please visit the JST Website.

Note:  VA does not pay for repeated course(s). Examples: Course(s) when credit may be awarded from another college; academic course credit(s) obtained through a military evaluation; academic credit(s) earned at technical school(s); or any other source where academic credit was granted.

Students wishing to use their VA Educational Benefits must enroll in the 16 week academic term.  For more information about Academic Terms, check out our Academic Calendar

Did you know, California Coast University offers affordable tuition payment options to help you get the education you deserve?