5 Important Reasons Online Education Puts You Ahead of the Pack
It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste. - Henry Ford
Gaining the Competitive Edge
They say that to survive in today's ever-changing, competitive, global economy, businesses need to be both agile (able to adapt quickly to changes in the marketplace) and scalable (able to efficiently increase performance levels when tested by circumstances).
As individuals, we can gain a competitive career advantage by taking our cue from this same business philosophy. What's a good way to set in motion our own ability to be both agile and scalable? The perfect leg-up is to earn a certificate or a degree online.
Online Education Fosters Success
- Online education encourages success by being:
- Flexible and convenient
- Eco-friendly (less paper, less gas consumption)
- Available 24/7
But that's not all.
Ahead of the Pack
Additionally, here are 5 important reasons online education can set you ahead of the pack. It creates:
- Preparedness. Learning online is current, immediate, and up-to-date which means you are ready with the latest knowledge and terminology.
- Self-Confidence. Achievement generates an unstoppable belief in oneself. In turn, self-confident people attract the right contacts, associations, and opportunities to themselves.
- A developing 'muscle' for growth and change. Learning is growing, and growing creates a taste for more knowledge, much the same way muscle-building in sports requires more additional muscle-building to stay at a level of peak performance. As technology forces us to adapt quickly to an ever-evolving environment, developing this 'muscle' becomes crucial.
- Momentum. When we enrich ourselves with knowledge we create a forward momentum in our lives.
- Credibility. When we demonstrate a proven ability to start and finish a certificate or degree program we gain a competitive advantage over others who have not shown such initiative.
In his article for the Huffington Post, The Benefits of Online Learning,Tom Snyder writes:
...lifelong learning must now be a part of everyone's career plans. In today's job marketing, taking online courses help workers remain competitive and they don't need to take time off from their jobs to do this.
Online education allows us to mirror what the best businesses practice - staying agile and scalable. It allows us to stay ahead of the pack by adapting quickly to changes in the environment and efficiently increasing our performance levels.