Frequently Asked Questions

Connect Now

phone Call: 1 888 228-8648

Apply for Admission

Request Information

Send a Message

Find us @ social-FB_off social-TW_off social-IN_off

Find Your Path To Success


Message from the Academic Vice President:

"On behalf of the faculty and staff of California Coast University, I wish to welcome you. You have made an excellent choice for continuing your education and choosing an educational institution that will help you meet your goals. 
At California Coast University, we created our programs to support the learning of busy professionals seeking to deepen and to broaden their knowledge and skills; and to help our students meet both professional and personal goals.  We look forward to helping you find success on your educational journey!"  
Patricia Insley, Ed.D.,
Academic Vice President

Frequently Asked Questions

What does self-paced courses mean?

  • There is no set schedule for your courses. Our courses were designed to be as flexible as possible to fit into your busy schedule with no group projects, set meeting times, or exam dates. The speed at which you complete your coursework is solely dependent on how quickly, or slowly you go. Note: There are academic progress requirements as well as minimum and maximum time limit requirements that differ per program (see below).

How long does it take to complete a degree program?

  • The degree programs offered by California Coast University have been designed to allow students to begin at any time and proceed with their studies as rapidly or slowly as their own time and ability permit.
  • Minimums. The minimum time required to complete a degree program is one academic year (9 months) for undergraduate and master's degree programs. The minimum time required to complete a doctoral degree program is three years. Certificate programs have a 16 week minimum.
  • Maximums. Students are required to complete a minimum of 1 course every 6 months and are required to complete their degree program 5 years from the date of enrollment (10 years for doctoral programs). Certificate programs have a 2-year maximum.

Can I apply and start any time?

Do I have term dates?

  • Only if you need them. Students have the ability to complete their studies at their own pace but must be able to demonstrate the successful completion of 1 course every 6 months to remain on good academic standing. Students using VA benefits or company paid tuition assistance are required to enroll in 16-week terms. Be sure to discuss the specifics with your respective employer and contact an admissions representative prior to completing an application for admissions. Available term dates can be viewed on the academic calendar.

How do the monthly payments work? Is there a credit check?

  • There is no credit check. Your monthly payments start one month after enrollment and continue at that rate until your degree program is paid in full. If you finish your degree program before your monthly payments have satisfied all financial obligations, you will need to pay the remaining balance before you receive your degree. However, you can also choose to keep paying the monthly payment until you are able to pay off the remaining balance. The University offers these low monthly payments to students as a way for them to start their courses without the need to come up with large amounts of money or take out any student loans for them to complete their courses. It doesn't matter how many courses you complete, you will always have the same low monthly payment.

Are there any out of state tuition costs?

  • No. CCU charges the same tuition rate to all students.

Are there any hidden fees I should expect while completing my degree program?

  • No. CCU prides itself on not charging students extra fees while completing their program. However, the University does charge some fees for items that fall outside of the normal course of a program. For example: repeat examinations; program changes, and returned or late payments.

Can I use financial aid?

  • CCU does not accept financial aid, including student loans. The University only accepts VA (Veteran) / MYCAA benefits, and company tuition reimbursements. For more information on using Veteran or MYCAA benefits, visit our Veterans Education Benefits page for more information.

What is company reimbursement? How does it work?

  • Many CCU students have received reimbursement from their employer for tuition expenses. Contact your employer to see if you are eligible for financial educational assistance.

Do I need a Proctor? What is a Proctor?

  • Yes. Each degree program requires that a Proctor administer the final examination for all Major (or Core) courses and all General Education courses. The purpose of the proctored examination is to verify that the person completing the final examination is in fact, the person who enrolled in the course of study. A Proctor can be any reputable person, other than a relative, someone that resides with you, current CCU student, or CCU graduate.

Does California Coast University offer online programs?

  • Yes. All programs are offered online. Alternatively, course materials can be mailed to the student upon request. Students outside of the contiguous U.S. (includes AK, AS, FM, GU, HI, MH, MP, PR, PW and U.S. VI) may only receive coursework and grades electronically.

Does California Coast University offer on-campus programs?

  • No. The University is a distance learning institution and does not offer any on-campus or residential type of degree programs.

Is it possible to enroll into a Bachelor's degree without first completing an Associate's degree?

Will I automatically earn an Associate Degree while completing a Bachelor's degree?

  • No. If you want an associate degree, would need to enroll in an associate degree program first.

What if I only have a High School Diploma or GED and have no prior college education? Can I still apply?

  • Yes. If you have a High School Diploma or GED and have no prior college education, you may still apply to an undergraduate program. Applicants must provide an official transcript of high school completion.

Do I have to come to California?

  • Although students are always welcome to visit the University, it is not a requirement that students come to the University in person. The only exception is for Doctoral candidates. CCU does require that doctoral candidates appear in person for the Oral Defense of their Dissertation.

Is there a graduation ceremony?

  • Yes! CCU does offer a private degree presentation upon request. Because CCU graduates are located all around the globe, we do not hold a formal group graduation. Therefore, most students choose to have their diploma mailed to them. However, we do welcome visitors anytime throughout the year.

Can I take a single course?

  • No. At this time, students may only enroll in a certificate or degree program and cannot enroll into a single course.

Did you know, California Coast University offers affordable tuition payment options to help you get the education you deserve?