EDU 524 Curriculum Design and Evaluation
3 Semester Units
Curriculum design and instruction provides an analysis of curriculum development and methods for aligning course content to goals and evaluation procedures. The philosophical, historical, psychological, and social foundations of curriculum will be explored to help students better understand how curriculum models might be utilized in an ever changing and emerging educational environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how theory and practice can be integrated into the planning of curriculum.
- Understand how gender influences teaching and schooling.
- List the major components of curriculum design. Understand how planning curriculum relates to implementation.
- Describe the roles that educators and non-educators can play in evaluation.
- Explain why multicultural education is a central curriculum issue.